The Woman is one of numerous nameless adult female characters (who may or may not have a descriptor in the end-credits) who may be from the working class to the professional citizenry – domestic help to the woman of the house and mother, street vendor to shop owner – introduced in Murdoch Mysteries.
The Woman may be a innocent bystander or a witness to the crime being investigated; On occasion, she may be a suspect, a person of interest or connected to the criminal class.
- Woman, portrayed by Catherine Hayos
- Woman #1, portrayed by Emberly Doherty
- Woman #2, portrayed by Kesta Graham
- Suspect Woman, portrayed by Jennifer Goodhue.
- Woman portrayed by Jennifer Vey
- She is the woman in the burning building with a child whom Brackenreid assists.
- Angry Weeping Woman, portrayed by Lauren Spring
- Neighbour, portrayed by Kara Arabian
- Homeowner, portrayed by Nadine Roden
- Fingermark Woman, portrayed by Judith Cockman
- Townsperson, portrayed by Caleigh Le Grand
- Woman on Coach, portrayed by Joan Gregson
- According to the Oxford English Dictionary, “woman” is defined as an adult female human being.
- Many refer to females as “girls” until they are around college age, then switch to the term “young women”.
- When females reach the dreaded age of thirty, they are referred to as, simply, “women”.
- Actress Jennifer Vey's first gig on Murdoch Mysteries was as stunt woman for Murdoch of the Klondike.