Detective Murdoch investigates the murder of a pawnbroker, Samuel MacGinnis, who was killed while working late one night in his shop. One of his clients, Louise Butler, witnessed the robbery but is traumatized and now finds herself unable to walk. Inspector Brackenreid meanwhile gets a message from an old army friend, Reg Pullen, to visit him in prison. Reg saved Brackenreid's life and the lives of several other soldiers and was awarded the Victoria Cross for his bravery. He fell on hard times and into a life of petty crime and had his medal taken away. He arrives at the prison too late as his friend is found hanging in his cell. Dr. Grace however determines that he was actually strangled and then hung to make it look like a suicide. Murdoch and Brackenreid soon realize that their two cases are connected.
- George's Aunt Ivy used to lower him down the chimney to clean it. At one point, that was to be his occupation.
- Unable to cure Louise, Julia confesses to William, "It's days like this that make me miss the morgue. There your patients never know you've failed them."
- First time the Provincial Lunatic Asylum is the scene of a crime: attempted murder, thwarted by Murdoch.
- Dr. Ogden takes Louise as a patient and transfers her from the hospital to the asylum.
- This episode takes place in Toronto 1900 – the Victorian Era (1837-1901) when Victoria, Queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland and Empress of India, rules the British Empire.
- There is a reference to the book 'The Wizard of Oz' which George and Emily go to the reading of.
- Murdoch Mysteries' creator Maureen Jennings writes her third episode and second one with Peter Mitchell.
- On the chalkboard in the morgue you can see notes pertaining to the Nightmare on Queen Street case.
- Actor Matthew MacFadzean played Constable Crabtree in the three Murdoch Mysteries TV Films (2004) before it became the TV series (2008).
Tattiawna Jones as Louise Butler
Matthew MacFadzean as Mr. Hobson
John Bourgeois as Warden Browning
Allan Cooke as Reginald Pullen
Wayne Ward as Guard Potter
Nick Alachiotis as Nathan Turnblow
Anthony Gerbrandt as Richard Walker
Jeff Pustil as Samuel MacGinnis
Aaron Berg as Leeland Flowers
Eric Trask as Dr. Robinson
John Callander as Bandaged Man
|Murdoch Mysteries Season 6|
|"Murdoch Air" • "Winston's Lost Night" • "Murdoch On The Corner" • "A Study in Sherlock" • "Murdoch Au Naturel" • "Murdoch and the Cloud of Doom" • "The Ghost of Queen's Park" • "Murdoch in Ladies Wear" • "Victoria Cross" • "Twisted Sisters" • "Lovers in a Murderous Time" • "Crime and Punishment" • "The Murdoch Trap"|
Web Series: Nightmare on Queen Street
Season 1 • Season 2 • Season 3 • Season 4 • eason 5 • Season 6 • Season 7 • Season 8 • Season 9 • Season 10