|"The Curse of Beaton Manor"|
|Air date||May 23, 2010 (Canada)|
|Written by||Paul Aitken|
|Directed by||John L'Ecuyer|
|Guest Stars||Jonathan Goad as Byron Beaton|
Jordan Pettle as Ronald Beaton
Stephanie Langton as Rowena Beaton
Roy Lewis as William Godfrey
|Recurring||Lachlan Murdoch as Henry Higgins|
|Previous||Love and Human Remains|
Detective Murdoch investigates the suspicious death of Chauncey Beaton who has fallen, or was pushed or jumped, off his balcony. The servants claim the house is cursed and it is responsible for his death. The dead man's brother Ronald was in the house and another brother, Byron, was en route to a business meeting. Some of the servants heard Chauncey shouting his half-brother Timothy's name but Timothy had killed himself the previous February. Several of the household staff claim to have seen Timothy's ghost. The Beaton family has a long history of suspicious deaths and Murdoch believes one of the remaining brothers is responsible, presumably eliminating the other brothers in order to inherit the estate. Soon however, even the police start to see ghosts in Beaton Manor.
- Crabtree's Aunt Primrose saw the ghost of his Uncle Percy.
- A quiet moment between the Doctor and Detective viewing the darkened city in the storm from the morgue window is interrupted by Constable Crabtree.
- Mask making will re-appear in future episodes, ironically for Julia and most notably at the end of Season 6's episodes Crime and Punishment and The Murdoch Trap.
- This episode takes place in Toronto 1897 – Victoria (Alexandrina Victoria 1819 - 1901) is Queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, Defender of the Faith, and Empress of India.
- The Haitian Revolution
- In one scene in the manor you can see a plastic water bottle on a table.
|Murdoch Mysteries Season 3|
|"The Murdoch Identity" • "The Great Wall" • "Victor, Victorian" • "Rich Boy, Poor Boy" • "Me, Myself and Murdoch" • "This One Goes to Eleven" • "Blood and Circuses" • "Future Imperfect" • "Love and Human Remains" • "The Curse of Beaton Manor" • "Hangman" • "In the Altogether" • "The Tesla Effect"|
Season 1 • Season 2 • Season 4 • Season 5 • Season 6 • Season 7• Season 8 • Season 9 • Season 10