| Spoiler warning!|
This article contains plot details or information about an upcoming episode/season which has not been aired world-wide yet. Don't believe everything you read, content is subject to change at any time.
|"Sir. Sir? Sir||!"|
|Air date||October 29, 2018|
|Written by||Peter Mitchell|
|Directed by||Craig David Wallace|
|Guest Stars||Darren Frost|
|Previous||The Spy Who Loved Murdoch|
Murdoch investigates an astronomical phenomenon with a strange impact on his colleagues' behaviour and dire implications for Toronto.
The first clue that things are not normal in Toronto-the-Good is in the opening music, followed by Constable Higgins at a call box reporting a strange noise to McNabb as meteor showers cross Toronto skies. Higgins then encounters two drunken dockworkers before finding a strange green kelp-like pod in the alley – that attacks him. The next morning, Higgins reports to the Station House No. 4 a happy man with a potted plant.
- The astronomical phenomenon affects Henry Higgins in a unique way – he's a committed competent copper!
- Detective Watt's has a new look – a new plaid suit; He walks erect – with a straight back upon returning from his walk to the neighbouring farms where he discovered an odd looking insect.
- Violet Hart gives Murdoch a transformative "kiss".
- George confesses to Julia that he has always wished one of his fantastical theories would come true and now that it has, “I’ve lost my best friend (Murdoch)”.
- When Julia asks George if the Inspector's wife is infected, he replys with, "Hard to tell."
- A swig of whisky kills the Inspector and Julia shoots William three times when he insists, "I want romance".
- No Season 12 storylines are involved or revealed, don't panic – it's a fantastical Halloween one-off.
- George investigates a hole that he has not dug himself.
- A milestone moment, one of George’s imaginings turns out to be right, but he is not happy about it.
- George's discovery of the solution (weapon) gives new meaning to 'what's your poison'.
- One of Inspector Brackenreid's catch-phrases, 'Bugalugs', is given greater meaning.
- This episode takes place in Toronto 1906.
- Halley's Comet is arguably the most famous comet. It is a "periodic" comet and returns to Earth's vicinity about every 75 years, making it possible for a human to see it twice in his or her lifetime. The comet's pass in 1910 was particularly spectacular. Coincidentally, the Perseid Meteor Shower 2018 peaked August 12-13, 2018 over Toronto.
- This is the standalone out-of-the-box Halloween episode Showrunner Peter Mitchell promised when he confirmed that there will not be a Christmas Special this season.
- Complete with ghoulishly chilling creepy version of the opening MM theme music.
- First time, Higgins and Miss Hart are in a scene together.
- Homage to a panoply of iconic Science Fiction and Horror TV shows and Films:
- Alien Nation
- Day of the Triffids
- Invasion of the Body Snatchers
- Plan 9 From Outer Space
- Stepford Wives
- Stargate SG1
- The Shining
- The Twilight Zone
Daniel Maslany as Detective Watts
Lachlan Murdoch as Constable Henry Higgins
Shanice Banton as Violet Hart
Arwen Humphreys as Margaret Brackenreid
Craig Brown as Eddie Crawford
Nathan Hoppe as Constable McNabb
Darren Frost as Mr. O'Riely
Mark Andrada as Lionel
Sean Browning as Jones
Christopher Allen as Mr. Smith
Sharon Forrester as Shopkeeper
Garrett Jamieson as Dockworker
Maurie Sherman as Passerby
Margaret Lamarre as Person Behind Bar