|Seen|| On the Waterfront Part 1|
On the Waterfront Part 2
|Relationships|| Edna Brooks (née Garrison) (stepmother)|
Archibald Brooks, (father)
Appearances and Mentions
- Simon was arrested by Crabtree for stealing a man's pocket watch. After he was brought home, Crabtree realized that his stepmother was his former love interest Edna Brooks (née Garrison), and covered for his crime. Though Edna didn't believe George, she allowed Simon to go get something to eat. The fact she didn't believe George's story implies Simon is a mischievous boy who regularly gets into trouble.
- He confesses to George that he knows his father will not return from the Boer War, because he spied his mother getting a letter that made her cry.
- The three are sitting down for dinner discussing their future now that Edna and George are engaged, when Archibald Brooks, very much alive, walks through the door. Simon runs up to him, giving his father a hug, while Edna and George stand around, now unsure of what to do in this awkward situation.
- Crabtree only introduces himself as a police officer who has been taking care of the family. Archie thanks him, and George sees himself out.
- Archibald Brooks' body is identified his dead body is discovered among the murder victims by Dr. Grace. George is arrested and charged with murder.
- Simon and his stepmother Edna are living in a secret location George gave them so that they wouldn't be questioned about Archibald Brooks' murder. Simon is eventually interviewed at Station House 4, along with Edna, and it is revealed Simon accidentally shot Archibald, and intentionally lies about his killer, pinning it on one of his fellow soldiers upon spotting his own scarf that George gave him and when Brackenreid was staring intently on one of the photos. When his mother realized he is lying, they both go on the run following George's exoneration at the end of Season 9's opening episode.