- Have you cast your 2019-20 MM Fan Episodes Poll vote on our Home page? You don't need to sign-up to vote. The poll is not available (yet) on mobile app (devices), please access website via browser.
| Spoiler warning!|
This article contains plot details or information about an upcoming episode/season which has not been aired world-wide yet. Don't believe everything you read, content is subject to change at any time.
|Season 14 Episodes and Guides|
|Air Dates||January 2021|
Murdoch Mysteries has been officially renewed on CBC television for Season 14, announced on May 12, 2020. As of August 11, 2020, shooting is underway in Toronto on the acclaimed one-hour series for 11 new episodes, set to premiere on CBC TV and the CBC Gem streaming service in early winter 2021.
Murdoch Mysteries is executive produced by Christina Jennings, Scott Garvie, Yannick Bisson, Hélène Joy, and Peter Mitchell, who also serves as showrunner, and produced by Stephen Montgomery and Julie Lacey. For CBC, Sally Catto is General Manager, Entertainment, Factual & Sports; Trish Williams is Executive Director, Scripted Content; Helen Asimakis is Senior Director, Scripted Content; and Nicole Mendes is Executive in Charge of Production.
Season 14' for CBC and UKTV is distributed by ITV STUDIOS Global Entertainment. In the U.S., in addition to broadcaster Ovation, the series is available on Acorn TV and earlier seasons air in syndication. The series has been licensed to broadcasters in 120 countries and territories worldwide to date. The series airs in the UK on Alibi and is one of the highest-rated programs in France on France Television (France3). Other countries include: Brazil, China, Hungary, Lithuania, Czech Republic, Turkey, Sweden, Denmark, Australia, Japan, Korea, Thailand, Italy, Poland, and Norway. Murdoch Mysteries is developed and produced by creator and producer Shaftesbury, in association with CBC, ITV STUDIOS Global Entertainment and UKTV, and with the participation of the Canada Media Fund, the Canadian Film or Video Production Tax Credit, the Ontario Film and Television Tax Credit and the Independent Production Fund/COGECO Program Development Fund.
- Since March 2020, Social Distancing practice and protocols in this time of COVID 19 has prohibited all new film and television productions until August 2020.
- On April 3, 2020, the Murdoch Mysteries facebook page posted the first installment of #TogetherAtHome with #MurdochMysteries, featuring Yannick Bisson, including a free MM Activity Book download.
- On May 27, 2020, CBC is the first Canadian broadcaster to reveal future programming plans to advertisers. "We wouldn't green light a series unless we had gone through an incredibly thorough process with our producers about what their plans are to ensure that these shows will be safe for all cast and crew, for everyone involved," Sally Catto, general manager of entertainment, factual and sports at CBC, said in a phone interview; "And the producers have been remarkably creative and committed and stepped up." Executives also noted CBC is in a unique position during the pandemic, because unlike other Canadian broadcasters, it is not beholden to U.S. schedules and syndication amid production shutdowns: Returning shows include Murdoch Mysteries and Frankie Drake Mysteries.
- On June 16, 2020, chief executive Christina Jennings confirms that Shaftesbury Films has hired an on-set doctor to train and consult with the production teams, emphasizing hand washing and distancing measures, as their productions are scheduled to get underway in July.
- On August 11, Shaftesbury announced that top-rated Canadian drama Murdoch Mysteries has begun filming, mostly in the Toronto and the Greater Toronto areas; Background actors dressed in costume spotted at Gage Park with production crew and Craig “prop monkey” Grant.
- Season 14 will continue to explore new developments in the lives of Detective William Murdoch (Yannick Bisson), Dr. Julia Ogden (Hélène Joy), Inspector Thomas Brackenreid (Thomas Craig), Constables George Crabtree (Jonny Harris), Violet Hart (Shanice Banton) and Detective Llewelyn Watts (Daniel Maslany) as they tackle Toronto’s toughest mysteries, from the serious and historic to the comical and unusual.
Season 14 Storylines and other tidbits:
- Season 14 will be set in 1908, following the usual move to the next year with each new season and, now getting closer to the Montréal Canadien being founded (1909).
- Yannick Bisson returns to the director’s chair for the first two episodes of the season. Other episodes will be directed by Peter Mitchell, Gary Harvey, Warren Sonoda, Mina Shum and Ruba Nadda.
- The first episode will feature historic characters: a young Charlie Chaplin, Stan Laurel and Buster Keaton.
- Former Dancing With the Stars co-host Tom Bergeron will make his debut on Murdoch Mysteries...
Stay Tuned More to Come...
|1401||[[ ]]||[[ ]]|
|1402||[[ ]]||[[ ]]|
Find Where To Watch Murdoch Mysteries Here.