|Actor||Maria Del Mar|
|Seen|| Elementary, My Dear Murdoch|
Appearances and Mentions
- Pensell conducts a seance attended by Arthur Conan Doyle and William Murdoch. During the seance, Pensell fraudulently "channels" a young woman who wants to tell Murdoch that she had recently been murdered and is buried in a shallow grave. Murdoch is troubled that Pensell seemed to know things about his relationship with his now dead fiancée, Liza. At Murdoch's request, Pensell later conducts a private seance at which Liza tells Murdoch to let her go and move on with his life.
- Pensell workes with a young man named Lisgar Gall who would assist with researching the guests of her seances and with creating "spooky" effects during the events.
- To assist Murdoch, Pensell conducts a false seance to trick Conrad Hunt into confessing to the murders of the Winston and of Fredrick Waters. Afterward, Pensell tells Murdoch that Liza had left her message and would not be returning.
- Some time later, Pensell visits Station House Four to report to Murdoch that she has been having visions of a hooded, reaper-like figure murdering people. In fact, the previous evening, Dr. Francis Grout was murdered by just such a figure. Pensell also tells Murdoch that she has seen Murdoch himself being killed by this reaper.
- Pensell agreeing to be placed in the Greyson Institute where Dr. Grout had worked. She observes the goings on and tries to determine if the murderer is a patient or member of staff. She is eagerly admitted to the institute by Dr. Burrit Greyson who wants to study her unique mind.
- While inside, Pensell is able to help Murdoch eliminate certain suspects and eventually ferret out the killer, Richard Binney. Pensell's vision of Murdoch's death almost becomes fact when Murdoch is struck by a crossbow bolt fired by Binney. He survives, however, and Binney is arrested for his crimes.
- Pensell is impressed by her experiences at the institute and decides to go to Prague to study and allow herself to be studied at another facility. She wants to understand the gift or curse of her psychic abilities .
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.