|Seen|| Houdini Whodunit|
The Kissing Bandit
Murdoch in Wonderland
|Mentioned|| The Death of Dr. Ogden|
The Devil Wears Whalebone
Home for the Holidays
|Relationships|| Julia Ogden, sister|
Dr. Lionel Ogden, father
George Crabtree, romantic interest
Darcy Garland, brother-in-law (deceased)
William Murdoch, brother-in-law
A recurring character, Ruby is often mentioned by her sister and others who've encountered her. As a reporter and writer, she often wanders around the world, searching for adventure and stories.
Appearances and Mentions
- Ruby first appears in Season 2, following magician Harry Houdini around. Ruby's nickname for her older sister Julia is "Jules" revealing that Julia had a tomboy phase. Ruby invites Murdoch to dinner which sparks a bit of sibling rivalry and jealousy from Julia. Later, they share a wonderful sister-to-sister scene, not only revealing the nature of their relationship growing-up, but Julia's feelings for William - which was what Ruby wanted to know in the first place.
- Ruby returns on the arm of H.G. Wells. She and George Crabtree share a bit of the romantic spark, bonding over their love of writing.
- In Season 4, Ruby reappears at the request of their father to rescue Julia's wedding to Darcy while trying to convince Julia that Murdoch still loves her and she him, but Julia continues to argue that their futures aren't compatible - she can't give him the family he desires.
- Julia is put in a difficult position as Ruby finds William's ring and proposal. The sister is convinced this will turn the tides in Julia's choice to marry Darcy, and she shows them to Julia, urging her to talk to William.
- It is mentioned by Julia that Ruby has been in South America for quite some time.
- Julia tells William that when she was a girl their nanny forced Ruby and herself to sleep in their corsets with their arms tied behind their backs. "A common practice, but in their case the nanny was dismissed and their mother let them run free probably longer than she should have," to which Murdoch says, "Well, that would explain a thing or two."
Home for the Holidays (Mention)
- Ruby smokes and her sister admonishes her for doing so, although Julia smoked in Victor, Victorian and in Friday the 13th, 1901.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.