|"Rich Boy, Poor Boy"|
|Air date||April 4, 2010 (Canada)|
|Written by||Carol Hay|
|Directed by||Harvey Crossland|
|Recurring||Arwen Humphreys as Margaret Brackenreid|
|Next||Me, Myself and Murdoch|
Det. Murdoch is on the case when Insp. Brackenreid's young son, Bobby is kidnapped. He had been playing with a friend, Robert Stanton, in the park when he was snatched. It was all cleverly staged as someone snatched a purse and ran off, distracting Bobby's mother for a few moments. The case takes a sharp turn when Henry Stanton, a rich brewery owner, gets a ransom demand, and it soon becomes obvious that the kidnappers have taken the wrong boy. Their worry is that once the kidnappers learn who Bobby really is, they may simply choose to dispose of him. The events lead Insp. Brackenreid to reflect on the amount of time he's spent with the boy and his own effectiveness as a father.
- Thomas Brackenreid had just come out of the army when Margaret's father asked him to join the family's plumbing business. Margaret thought he'd have been a good plumber, but his heart was set on the police force.
- Married to a policeman, Margaret knew what she was getting into, no point in complaining about the long hours– and the worry, she tells Dr. Ogden. But still... she does worry after they had the two boys.
- Bobby Brackenreid's kidnapping is an allusion to Charles "Little Lindy" Lindbergh Jr who was abducted from the bedroom of the Lindbergh Family Home in East Amwell, New Jersey on the night of the 1st March 1932. Like the ransom note in the episode, the ransom note found at Lindbergh Family Home had similar German Syntax.
- One of the few episodes where nobody actually dies.
- This episode is a favorite one of actor Thomas Craig who plays Inspector Thomas Brackenreid.
- The characters Molly Morgan and Pete Morgan in the episode, played by Michelle Monteith and Dylan Roberts respectively, are listed in the closing credits as Molly Richards and Pete Richards.
Michelle Monteith as Evie Dewar/Molly Richards
George Masswohl as Henry Stanton
Kristina Nicoll as Mrs. Stanton
John Fleming as Robert Stanton
Kate Hewlett as Lucy Worthing
Brendan Gall as Jeb Carson
A. Frank Ruffo as Old Ned
Dylan Roberts as Pete Richards
Timm Zemanek as Otto Schroeder
Greg Thomas as Jack
|Murdoch Mysteries Season 3|
|"The Murdoch Identity" • "The Great Wall" • "Victor, Victorian" • "Rich Boy, Poor Boy" • "Me, Myself and Murdoch" • "This One Goes to Eleven" • "Blood and Circuses" • "Future Imperfect" • "Love and Human Remains" • "The Curse of Beaton Manor" • "Hangman" • "In the Altogether" • "The Tesla Effect"|
Season 1 • Season 2 • Season 4 • Season 5 • Season 6 • Season 7• Season 8 • Season 9 • Season 10