The episode begins with a woman running outside in the rain. A window in a building is shown. A man inside is lying dead.
The next day, William Murdoch enters the Queen's Hotel and meets Herbert Greaves, who has been trying to stop someone from touching the body inside the hotel. The someone turns out to be Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a.David Kingsley) who happens to know the identity of the deceased, Wallace Burns and knows that he has been dead for two days. Holmes says he was hired to find a red haired woman named Nora Webb who is missing. Greaves remembers seeing her. Dr. Grace then examines the body and her preliminary post-mortem is that Burns got drunk and bashed his head against the bed. Holmes objects, stating that not a drop of alcohol passed his lips and shows a membership card of the Scottish Prohibition Party, disproving Grace's assessment. Holmes then leaves to find Ms. Webb.
Murdoch later tells Inspector Brackenreid of Holmes' involvement in the case. Brackenreid is less than happy encountering the delusional man. Julia assures him that his state of mind is merely a psychic refuge to forget the trauma of his father's murder and advised that it would unwise to address him as anyone else other than Holmes.
- David Kingsley still believes he's Sherlock Holmes, and has opened a consulting detective agency in Toronto, though he wasn't taken very seriously at first.
- There are references to A Study in Sherlock when William, Brackenreid and Julia are discussing Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. David Kingsley)
- Mentioned Queen's Hotel and Allan Gardens
- This episode takes place in Toronto 1901 - Edwardian Era (1901-1910) was the time in which the late Queen Victoria’s son, Edward VII is on the throne.
- The fourth episode of the sixth and seventh seasons both are about Sherlock Holmes- and back in season 1, Arthur Conan Doyle appeared in the fourth episode too.
- Filmed at Cruickston Park, Cambridge, Ontario.
- In the final credits the single female characters are listed with the honorific "Ms.", i.e., Ms. Ellie Naughton. This distinction wasn't widely practiced until the womens liberation movement during the 1960s.
Christian Distefano as Ben McQueen
Kal Weber as Mr. McQueen
Nicole St Martin as Mrs. McQueen
Emily Klassen as Nora Webb
Jessica Moss as Miss Ellie Naughton
Michelle Adams as Miss Ann Selby
Michael Coady as Herbert Greaves
Greg Lowe as Gregory Skinner
|Murdoch Mysteries Season 7|
|"Murdoch Ahoy" • "Tour de Murdoch" • "The Filmed Adventures of Detective William Murdoch" • "Return of Sherlock Holmes" • "Murdoch of the Living Dead" • "Murdochophobia" • "Loch Ness Murdoch" • "Republic of Murdoch" • "A Midnight Train to Kingston" • "Murdoch in Ragtime" • "Journey to the Centre of Toronto" • "Unfinished Business" • "The Murdoch Sting"•"Friday the 13th, 1901"•"The Spy Who Came Up to the Cold"•"Kung Fu Crabtree"•"Blast of Silence"•"The Death of Dr. Ogden"|
Season 1 • Season 2 • Season 3 • Season 4 • Season 5 • Season 6 • Season 7 • Season 8 • Season 9 • Season 10