|"One Minute to Murder"|
|Air date||February 11, 2019|
|Written by||Maureen Jennings|
|Directed by||Mars Horodyski|
|Guest Stars||Richard Waugh as Jasper Hewitt|
|Previous||Sins of the Father|
|Next||Manual for Murder|
When a man is electrocuted during a typing contest with Crabtree and Louise Cherry, Murdoch suspects the reporter was the intended target.
The inaugural demonstration of the Langston: a typewriter powered by electricity invented by Alexander Langston, takes the form of a competition sponsored by the Toronto Telegraph. Unfortunately, for contestant Ivor Linwood the typewriter is turned into a weapon and his shocking death on public display – sabotage or a revenge murder?
- Miss Cherry is the target of a murderer...
- Murdoch and Ogden's illustrated handbook, Solving Murder, is published and delivered to the Station House by Mr. Clements, who has arranged author reading events to promote book sales.
- George mentions the "Lipstick Murders" (ep.1007) in the handbook "is particularly well-written", trying to elicit some acknowledgement from Murdoch.
- This episode takes place in Toronto 1906 – Edward VII (Albert Edward;1841-1910) is King of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland and of the British Dominions beyond the Seas.
- King Edward VII 's speech from the throne in 1903 is used as the text in the typing contest.
- According to some, Thomas Edison invented the first electric typewriter in 1872, but it was only used to report stock market transactions. In 1902, George Carfield Blickensderfer invented an electric typewriter with a typewheel, had automatic carriage return and line spacing, and allowed for a light touch; Despite these features, the invention was not popular. James Fields Smathers of Kansas City invented what is considered the first practical power-operated typewriter in 1914.
- There is great competition among typewriter manufacturers: Remington, Underwood, and Royal.
- This episode is written by the creator of Murdoch Mysteries Maureen Jennings.
- Thrice re-cast actor Richard Waugh was first seen in Child's Play as Peter Watt and the second time, he portrayed Mason Alexander in Loch Ness Murdoch.
- Murdoch to Elliot: "Life is a precious gift, sir. I would hate to see you waste it."
Andrews Musselman as Edgar Leonard
Richard Waugh as Jasper Hewitt
Oliver Dennis as Alexander Langston
Seamus Patterson as Manfred Elliot
Gary Brennan as Caryle Banks
Emily Siobhan McCourt as Maise Bronson
Paul Bates as Mr. Frobisher
Carson Gale as Ivor Linwood
Justin Michael Carriere as Alphonse Maloney
Louise Martin as Winnifred Thompson
Andre Muir as Herbert Lewishman
Matha Girvin as Sarah Trotter
Judith Cockman as Fingermark Woman
|Murdoch Mysteries Season 12|
|Murdoch Mystery Mansion • Operation: Murder • My Big Fat Mimico Wedding • Murdoch Without Borders • |
The Spy Who Loved Murdoch • Sir. Sir? Sir!!! • Brother's Keeper • Drowning in Money • Secrets and Lies •
Pirates of the Great Lakes • Annabella Cinderella • Six of the Best • Murdoch and the Undetectable Man •
Sins of the Father • One Minute to Murder • Manual for Murder • Darkness Before the Dawn Part 1 •
Darkness Before the Dawn Part 2 •
Season 1 • Season 2 • Season 3 • Season 4 • Season 5 • Season 6 • Season 7 • Season 8 • Season 9 • Season 10 • Season 11 • Season 12