|Seen||Secrets and Lies|
Murdoch and the Tramp
Rough and Tumble
|Relationships||Sarah Johnston, mother|
Thomas Brackenreid, father
Lydia Jodorowski, best friend
John Brackenreid, half-brother
Stuart McGovern, fellow student
Mr. Jenkins, teacher
Mr. Lee, laundry employer (former)
|Job||Secretarial student, Telephone operator|
Appearances and Mentions
- Nomi Johnston is enrolled at Jenkins Secretarial School for she dreams about wearing fancy clothes and working in an office which her mother thinks is a ridiculous notion, but Nomi is stubborn, hardworking and determined to succeed. She has hopes and Mr. Jenkins has hopes for her too as she is an exceptional student.
- Nomi Johnston works for Mr. Lee at his laundry shop to pay for her secretarial courses.
- Nomi Johnston, who has never missed a class, doesn't show up for class nor returns home; After a month with no sign of Nomi "like she fell off the face of the earth", her mother Sarah reaches out to Thomas Brackenreid for the first time in nearly twenty years.
- Nomi writes a letter to her father in which she says, "...and Father, I have secured employment in Toronto. I shall be arriving once I have completed my classes. I do hope to be able to see you again, and perhaps meet your family...", accompanied by a photo of herself.
- Nomi accompanies her father and Margaret Brackenreid to a Victoria Day carnival. Nomi enjoys being included and sharing the day with Margaret and Thomas – all seem content to be family finally - until Thomas spots an inspector colleague. Instead of greeting him and making introductions, she watches her father leave them to join his men.
- Later when Nomi calls him out for his action, her father attempts to explain, "It's the world we live in." Understanding all too well the world they live in, Nomi is not angry with her father, rather sadden that they will never enjoy a family outing in public – free from prejudice.
- Nomi meets her other half-brother Bobby for the first time.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.