|"My Big Fat Mimico Wedding"|
|Air date||October 8, 2018|
|Written by||Simon McNabb|
|Directed by||Gary Harvey|
|Next||Murdoch Without Borders|
Higgins and Ruth's wedding promptly derails amidst the eccentric Newsome cousins with jealous suitors and a guest whose attempts to murder Henry is unwittingly thwarted by his best man George.
- Henry Higgins faces death thrice: once by bullet, second by chandelier, and third by the sword.
- Henry confesses to George that he is being punished for killing Roger Newsome (see ep.1008) and if Ruth found out she would leave him "in a heartbeat"; This new acknowledge presents a big problem for George.
- The reality behind the Newsome family fortune is revealed.
- This episode takes place in Toronto 1906 – Edward VII (Albert Edward;1841-1910) is King of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland and of the British Dominions beyond the Seas.
- Osgoode Hall Law School, commonly shortened to Osgoode, was established in 1889 and the only recognized professional law school for the province at the time.
- The Great 1906 San Francisco Earthquake, which caused 3,000 deaths and destroyed much of the city, ranks as one of the most significant earthquakes of all time.
- When Rupert tells George to call him "Bingo", it is an allusion to P.G. Wodehouse, a prolific and popular British writer of the time: Richard P. "Bingo" Little is a recurring fictional character in the Jeeves and Drones Club stories, who has a proclivity for gambling.
- Mr. Darcy is the one of the central characters in Jane Austen's novel Pride and Prejudice and is mistaken for the Toronto street, "D'Arcy".
- When asked about this espisode, MM writer Mary Pedersen gives hints and highlights, "The Newsome family episode has become really one of the highlights of every season for the writers, and you can imagine that with a wedding, the extended Newsome family coming to stay, Ruth determined to find George a girlfriend, and of course a murderer on the loose, that Murdoch, Brackenreid, Crabtree and Higgins will really have their hands full ..."
- This episode is MM Writers' Room attempt at creating a farce in the style of P.G. Wodehouse, according to Simon McNabb.
- New MM Costume Designer Joanna Syrokomla discusses the costumes.
|Murdoch Mysteries Season 12|
| Murdoch Mystery Mansion • Operation: Murder • My Big Fat Mimico Wedding • Murdoch Without Borders • |
The Spy Who Loved Murdoch • Sir. Sir? Sir!!! • Brother's Keeper • Drowning in Money • Secrets and Lies •
Pirates of the Great Lakes • Annabella Cinderella • Six of the Best • Murdoch and the Undetectable Man •
Sins of the Father • One Minute to Murder • Manual for Murder • Darkness Before the Dawn Part 1 •
Darkness Before the Dawn Part 2 •
Season 1 • Season 2 • Season 3 • Season 4 • Season 5 • Season 6 • Season 7 • Season 8 • Season 9 • Season 10 • Season 11 • Season 12
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.