This article contains plot details or information about an upcoming episode/season which has not been aired world-wide yet. Don't believe everything you read, content is subject to change at any time.
|"Murdoch and the Cursed Caves"|
|Air date||October 28, 2019|
|Written by||Noelle Girard|
|Directed by||Mars Horodyski|
|Guest Stars||Barbara Gordon as Alberta Bennett|
Matt Cooke as Fletcher Goss
|Next||The Philately Fatality|
While camping, Murdoch and Ogden discover two men killed by a fabled feathered beast. Meanwhile back in Toronto, the Brackenreids celebrate a special occasion, but the neighbourhood children are putting a damper on their evening.
- Thomas and Margaret are celebrating their wedding anniversary and turtle soup is one of Thomas' favorites.
- Margaret is not a fan of Halloween, "I am glad we didn't let Bobby go out on Halloween."
- Ruth refers to camping as tramping and tell Julia: "...but a lady must have standards" and reveals, "I've always wanted to be a widow....just not now".
- Once again, Julia is looking forward to a fun weekend – camping (ep.1108)...
- George and Effie can't join the weekend camping with Willam and Julia as George needs to allay his landlady's suspicions, reducing it a foursome with the Higgins-Newsome – William would rather cancel it without George.
- Thomas continues to paint portraits (ep.1108).
- When Murdoch is examining the creature's feather, Ruth mentions her late brother Roger as the "world-renowned ornithologist" (ep.1008) and, if he were still alive, he would know its kind in "the shake of a lamb's tail".
- Higgins allows a suspect to escape again.
- This episode takes place in Toronto 1907 – Edward VII (Albert Edward;1841-1910) is King of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland and of the British Dominions beyond the Seas.
- Psilocybe semilanceata commonly known in the UK as the Magic Mushroom, and in the USA as Liberty Cap, appears in grassland in autumn. The species was first described in 1838 by the great Swedish mycologist Elias Magnus Fries, who named it Agaricus semilanceatus. (Most of the gilled mushrooms were included initially in the genus Agaricus). In 1871 German mycologist Paul Kummer transferred this species to the genus Psilocybe, renaming it Psilocybe semilanceata. Whether fresh or dried they have the same - Class A drug status as Heroin, LSD and Cocaine, as of July 2005.
- The first Tyrannosaurus rex fossil was discovered by the famous fossil hunter Barnum Brown in 1902. T. rex was named in 1905 by Henry Fairfield Osborn. In the early 1900s, dinosaur bones were like Egyptian mummies — mysteries that dazzled both the public and scientists.
- The Laurentian Plateau, also called Canadian Shield, is the wide area of Precambrian rock extending west from the Labrador coast to the basin of the Mackenzie and north from the Great Lakes to Hudson Bay and the Arctic: rich in minerals.
- The Huron, also called Wyandot, Wyandotte, or Wendat, Iroquoian-speaking North American Indians' spiritual tales of Ekarenniondi, Oscotarach and their connection to Scenic Caves Nature Preserve.
- Gravenhurst, Ont, incorporated as a town in 1887. The Town of Gravenhurst is located at the South end of Lake Muskoka, 170 km North of Toronto. In the 19th century it was a saw-milling centre, but as logging declined tourism became the most important industry.
- Composer Robert Carli’s has a new variation of the opening theme for this Halloween episode.
- Filmed on location at Rockwood Conservation Area in Guelph, Ontario on August 8 and 9, 2019, and at Lang Pioneer Village in Keene, Ontario on August 13, 2019.
- Matt Cooke played Superintendent Sam Steele in Murdoch of the Klondike.
- As usual, MM Writers' Room and Noelle Girard conjure up familiar spooky allusions.
- During CBC first airing of this episode, showrunner Peter Mitchell tweeted: "cant see your tweets 2nite - overseas, getting ready for finale (don’t hate me when u see it)... "
Barbara Gordon as Alberta Bennett
Matt Cooke as Fletcher Goss
Scott Farley as Eli Goss
Ian Heath as Nelson Dunn
Zack Thompson as Michael Mullins
Gordon Harper as Gregory Hunter
Adam Langton as Local Law Officer
Caleigh Le Grand as Townsperson
Aidan Vissers as Halloween Kids #1
Leonid Iospha as Halloween Kids #2
Teagan Wright as Halloween Kids #3