|Seen||The Philately Fatality|
Appearances and Mentions
- Owen Paxton's death comes as no surprise to Mrs. Emery as he was "Offending God and the good people of our neighbourhood".
- Mrs. Emery is known to telephone the Toronto Constabulary several times to complain about Mr. Paxton, "You do realize men of that strain are a threat to the morality of the city?"
- But she did not call the night of the murder as Mrs. Emery was out to Parkdale having dinner with her brother and his wife.
- Murdoch asks if her neighbours share her desire to see Mr. Paxton move away and did any of them argue with the victim? Mrs. Emery reminds the Detective that "It was Mr. Paxton who had the record with the police, young man."
- According to Mrs. Emery, Owen Paxton took no pains to hide his perversion and none of her warnings seemed to deter him, "He seemed to feel entirely free to parade it about, men coming and going out of his house at all hours."
- And in fact, she was able to get one young man's name: Seburn.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.