| Spoiler warning!|
This article contains plot details or information about an upcoming episode/season which has not been aired world-wide yet. Don't believe everything you read, content is subject to change at any time.
|"In the Company of Women"|
|Air date||February 17, 2020|
|Written by||Lori Spring|
|Directed by||Gary Harvey|
|Previous||The Trial of Terrence Meyers|
|Next||Things Left Behind|
"In the Company of Women" is the sixteenth episode of thirteenth season of the Murdoch Mysteries and the two hundred second episode of the series (not including the three stand-alone holiday specials). It first aired February 17, 2020.
Dr. Ogden and Effie Newsome try to untangle the death of a hair salon owner that occurred outside Murdoch's jurisdiction.
As Dr. Ogden works on solving a crime outside his purview, Detective Murdoch is busy at the Station House and assigns Watts the case of a missing swine.
- Miss Cherry has a boyfirend who is her fiancé.
- Effie Newsome and Louise Cherry find themselves at odds when it comes to a certain Constable George Crabtree.
- Dr. Ogden and Miss Hart outwardly engage in a test of wills for the first time.
- Detective Watts shares his love of the German pretzels with Garreth and Atley.
- This episode takes place in Toronto 1907 – Edward VII (Albert Edward;1841-1910) is King of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland and of the British Dominions beyond the Seas.
- End of the 1800s, barbershops transitioned to salons all over the world, but women were still styling their hair by their servants. Salons began advertising to entice women out of their homes. Around this time, a self-made entrepreneur Martha Matilda Harper opened the first public salon called ‘The Harper Hair Parlor’ and started training schools and employed the girls in her salon. Harper invented the salon recliner chair, but never patented her invention.
- Hāngī , an underground oven used by the Maori of New Zealand.
- The mention of this year's (1907) "Ontraio Winter Fair" getting a Royal assent does not happen until 1922. The Royal Agricultural Winter Fair, also called Royal Winter Fair or The Royal, continues its legacy of excellence and is the largest indoor agricultural event in the world; This year (2020) is its 98th since its inauguration.
- George Crabtree does not appear in this episode.
- Recast Actress Tara Rosling first appeared as Sister Catherine in Voices.
- Recast Actress Carlyn Burchell first appeared as Monique/Victoria in Monsieur Murdoch.
- Atley, Garreth's prize pig, is played by Oscar, a Dutch Landrace, who lives happily in a farm petting zoo and loves naps and apple treats.
Jeff Clarke as Detective Graham Irwin
Jorja Cadence as Alice West
Jordan Kronis as Garreth
Tara Rosling as Martha Matilda Harper
Katherine Fogler as Celia Quinlan
Brian Cook as Jasper Quinlan
Megan Dennis as Greta
Carlyn Burchell as Sarah Davis
Julian DeZotti as Teddy Davis
|Murdoch Mysteries Season 13|
| Troublemakers • Bad Pennies • Forever Young • Prodigal Father • |
Murdoch and the Cursed Caves • The Philately Fatality • Toronto the Bad • The Final Curtain • The Killing Dose •
Parker in the Rye • Staring Blindly into the Future • Fox Hunt • Kill Thy Neighbour • Rigid Silence •
The Trial of Terrence Meyers • In the Company of Women • Things Left Behind • The Future is Unwritten •