|"Hell to Pay"|
|Air date||March 20, 2017|
|Written by||Peter Mitchell|
|Directed by||Peter Mitchell|
|Guest Stars|| Robin Dunne|
|Previous||Hot Wheels of Thunder|
When a burlesque dancer asks Murdoch for help, the Station House No. 4 team find themselves embroiled in a conspiracy and unforeseen danger.
In the highly dramatic, action-filled season finale, William Murdoch is on the run.
While Murdoch didn't kill anyone, it is what the evidence says – framed for murder and caught in a conspiracy – he doesn't think anyone in the Constabulary can help him with a target on his back.
But he’s not the only one in danger, an adversary from Thomas Brackenreid's past returns and things get deadly serious. Everyone is drawn into the conspiracy and all their lives are in peril.
- Murdoch gives Crabtree a solid left hook, with apologies.
- Louise Cherry is not the journalist nor the woman George thought she was.
- George and Nina finally talk which ends in a heartfelt embrace.
- Julia Ogden has a fierce uppercut defense, but it makes her situation worse.
- Second time Murdoch is framed for murder; the first was in Murdoch in Wonderland.
- Dr. Ogden attends another Chicago conference; last time was in House of Industry.
- Julia wears the necklace William bought her from Oscar Ducharme in Painted Ladies.
- Murdoch breaks into City Records for evidence and is nearly captured by the constables.
- Backstage at The Star Room, Dr. Ogden visits Nina for the first time to ask her about Lydia and William.
- Yet again, William and Julia's home at the Windsor House Hotel is the scene of the crime – twice.
- Toronto being consumed by the Great Fire of 1904 comes full circle. (see ep.1001)
- The return of the re-instated Chief Constable Davis along with his revenge, greed, and an well organized set up...
- Brackenreid's motto "Follow the money...."
- Gripping 'edge-of-your-seat' cliff-hangers.
- Great Fire of 1904 (see ep.1002)
- Beginning in 1904, the Board of Control was directly elected by the city's electorate. The Board of Control of Toronto, Ontario, Canada, was a part of its municipal government until it was abolished in 1969.
- Filmed at The Mount Community Centre, Peterborough, Ontario.
- A classic film noir inspired plot about one man against a corrupt system out to get him, unfortunately the man happens to be Detective Murdoch. "That's the truth of it, isn't it? They'd rather see him dead than alive," Julia asks George and the Inspector.
- Features several guest stars in pivotal roles: Sanctuary's Robin Dunne and John Wildman, who Mitchell first met when they were both working on The Campbells. Dunne and Wildman play bigwigs in city hall who have plans for Toronto’s future.
- In ten seasons, Constable Higgins is the only character who hasn't been jailed (so far).
- The good news before this season finale aired Murdoch Mysteries will return for Season 11. The bad news after the season finale, not sure everyone in the cast will be back...
- Peter Mitchell's interview in the aftermath: "I don’t think we can end a season like that and have everything be tickety-boo. The show, in essence, has five cliffhangers: three constables, one Julia and a Brackenreid. And we don’t see any of them past the three-quarter mark of the show. And, why is Watts offering to be so helpful at the very end of the episode? Is he a good guy? I don’t know. Why didn’t he help Murdoch earlier? Why is he showing up now?"
Lachlan Murdoch as Constable Henry Higgins
Kristian Bruun as Constable Jackson
Daniel Maslany as Detective Watts
Richard Clarkin as Chief Constable Davis
Arwen Humphreys as Margaret Brackenreid (mentioned)
Katy Breier as Lydia Hall
Erin Agostino as Nina Bloom
Bea Santos as Louise Cherry
|Murdoch Mysteries Season 10|
| Great Balls of Fire, Part 1 • Great Balls of Fire, Part 2 • A Study in Pink • Concocting A Killer • Jagged Little Pill • Bend It Like Brackenreid • Painted Ladies • Weekend at Murdoch's • Excitable Chap • The Devil Inside • A Murdog Mystery • The Missing • Mr. Murdoch's Neighbourhood • From Murdoch to Eternity • Hades Hath No Fury • Master Lovecraft • Hot Wheels of Thunder • Hell to Pay • |
Season 1 • Season 2 • Season 3 • Season 4 • Season 5 • Season 6 • Season 7 • Season 8 • Season 9 • Season 10 • Season 11 • Season 12