|Seen||The Murdoch Identity|
On the Waterfront Part 1 and
Manual for Murder
|Mentioned||The Great Wall|
|Relationships||Dóra Slorach, mother|
A wayward wife (unnamed)
|Job||Detective Inspector, retired|
Appearances and Mentions
- He was temporarily assigned to Station House No. 4 while William Murdoch was missing. He primarily bumbled along, as not the brightest bulb, and George Crabtree did most of the detective work aimed at determining what happened to Murdoch.
- Keen on hunting, Detective Slorach has a rifle called 'Betsy' which he regards as more reliable than any woman, and a hunting dog called 'Betty', who smells something awful but she has got a nose of gold.
- When told to avoid directly touching items at the crime scene, Detective Slorach confesses, "Finger marks? Never put much stock in them myself."
The Great Wall (mentioned)
Buffalo Shuffle (mentioned)
- In Season 8 he is temporarily assigned to Thomas Brackenreid's position and walks in on William and Julia almost kissing. He seems to be taking his job lightly again, but is good-natured and humorous.
- With a rare Scottish surname, Hamish's father is of Scottish descent and his mother, Dóra Slorach, is Hungarian, which comes in useful during an investigation.
- Slorach tells Murdoch, "I might have an overly friendly demeanor, but I am an honest cop," who also has a deep appreciation for food.
- Detective Hamish Slorach visits Station House No. 4, revealing to Brackenreid that he is retiring from the force and wants him to say a speech at the party. However, Slorach soon falls victim to one of the "copycat murder schemes". Fortunately he lives through it, but not unscathed.
- The retired Slorach returns to assist Murdoch with Polly Townsend's case, revealing that he was the detective who worked the original missing persons case back in 1895.
- Slorach meets Ray and Goldie Huckabee at the Murdoch Home, where his credo to never refuse food (of any kind) has William entertaining them without Julia; Later, this includes his dog, "Oh, let him go, it's not like he could get lost in here."
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.