| Spoiler warning!|
This article contains plot details or information about an upcoming episode/season which has not been aired world-wide yet. Don't believe everything you read, content is subject to change at any time.
|Air date||January 20, 2020|
|Written by||Simon McNabb|
|Directed by||Craig David Wallace|
|Guest Stars||Kira Gulpien as Lucinda Helmsworthy|
|Previous||Staring Blindly into the Future|
|Next||Kill Thy Neighbour|
"Fox Hunt " is the twelfth episode of the thirteenth season of the Murdoch Mysteries and the one hundred ninety-eighth of the series (not including the three stand-alone holiday specials). It first aired January 20, 2020.
When a body is found during a fox hunt Murdoch and Inspector Brackenreid suspect a group opposed to the sport is responsible.
- Rupert Newsome reveals his post Henry-Ruth nuptials adventure and engagement to Lucinda Helmsworthy.
- Julia has another mystery to solve at home involving their next-door neighbours.
- This episode takes place in Toronto 1907 – Edward VII (Albert Edward;1841-1910) is King of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland and of the British Dominions beyond the Seas.
- The earliest established foxhound club was the Montreal Hunt in Canada, 1826. Hunting in North America has a slightly different flavour than hunting in England; According to Lt. Col. Dennis J. Foster’s book, Intro to Foxhunting: "The most obvious difference is that in North America the emphasis is on the chase rather than the kill."
- A character in Oscar Wilde’s play A Woman of No Importance calls the fox hunt “the unspeakable in full pursuit of the uneatable".
- Fox hunting has been a controversial sport for decades, banned in Scotland in 2002 and in England and Wales in November 2004 with the law enforced from February 2005. Hunts are permitted to “drag hunt” whereby hounds follow a scent laid just before the hunt. The Burns Inquiry (1999) in England reported that fox hunting was “not practiced or is largely banned” in Spain, Belgium, Germany, Sweden, Denmark, Finland and Norway.
- By 2018, where the coyote has replaced the fox, Ontario has eight of Canada's 12 fox hunts, including the two largest: the Eglinton and Caledon Hunt and the TNYH. One of the oldest clubs in Canada, the TNYH started in 1843 on Toronto's lakeshore, then moved to the Scarborough bluffs, then Aurora, then Newmarket and now Creemore to escape urban sprawl.
- George Crabtree and Detective Watts do not appear in this episode but will partner up again in the next episode.
Arwen Humphreys as Margaret Brackenreid
Lachlan Murdoch as Constable Henry Higgins
Siobhan Murphy as Ruth Newsome
Cyrus Lane as Dr. Rupert Newsome
Paul Braunstein as Raymond Huckabee
Jonelle Gunderson as Goldie Huckabee
Graham Cuthbertson as Bernard Helmsworthy
Kira Gulpien as Lucinda Helmsworthy
Emily Stranges as Charlene Chamberlain
Jesse LaPointe as Todd Steele
Martin Burt as Merriwether
Colin Doyle as Laboratory Researcher
|Murdoch Mysteries Season 13|
| Troublemakers • Bad Pennies • Forever Young • Prodigal Father • |
Murdoch and the Cursed Caves • The Philately Fatality • Toronto the Bad • The Final Curtain • The Killing Dose •
Parker in the Rye • Staring Blindly into the Future • Fox Hunt • Kill Thy Neighbour • Rigid Silence •
The Trial of Terrence Meyers • In the Company of Women • Things Left Behind • The Future is Unwritten •