Edna (Garrison) Brooks is a strong, capable woman who becomes a recurring character and a love interest of George.
Appearances and Mentions
- Edna Garrison is young, single woman who objects to the exploitation of animals and a member of the Toronto Humane Society. As a result, she is initially suspected of having been involved in the murder of a young woman who was participating in the demonstration of the "dangers" of alternating current in which a dog was supposed to be killed.
- After a date with George Crabtree, Edna invites George into her room for tea. While there George finds and takes plans for an electrical system that could have been used to kill the young woman. Edna admits to having been in Daniel Pratt's warehouse, but denies any culpability in the electrocution. She is cleared of all suspicion.
- Garrison used to live at Miss Beasley's Boarding House before she got married.
- Edna (née Garrison) Brooks returns as the stepmother to Simon.
- George learns that Edna met Archibald Brooks about three years prior. Simon's mother had passed away in childbirth and he was quite lost without her. Archibald had such an easy smile. He was reported killed about three months ago in the Boer War. She just hasn't had the heart to tell Simon yet.
- George and Edna begin quietly courting again.
- George proposes to Edna.
- Her presumed deceased husband returns very much alive.
- Archibald Brooks abuses Edna and Simon.
- Brooks is killed and George Crabtree is arrested for his murder.
- Edna and Simon are living in a secret location George gave them so they wouldn't be questioned about Archibald Brooks' murder. She is eventually interviewed at Station House 4, along with her son; it is revealed that Simon accidentally shot his father, but they run away.
- Edna leaves a note for George. It is unknown if they will ever appear again.
- The kiss with Edna Garrison was the first for George Crabtree (on screen in the series) and remained his only kiss until Murdoch and the Cloud of Doom.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.