| Spoiler warning!|
This article contains plot details or information about an upcoming episode/season which has not been aired world-wide yet. Don't believe everything you read, content is subject to change at any time.
|"Crabtree à la Carte"|
|Air date||January 29, 2018|
|Written by||Simon McNabb|
|Directed by||Leslie Hope|
|Next||The Great White Moose|
Margaret Brackenreid and George Crabtree participate in a cooking competition sponsored by a canned beef company, but the insult-hurling judge is poisoned. However, things get a little more complicated when it's revealed that the judge was not the only one who ate from the poisoned tin - everyone did. Including Crabtree and Mrs. Brackenreid.
- George Crabtree fears for his life when he thinks he has consumed tainted meat.
- Violet Hart proves to be diligent and good at her job in the City Morgue.
- Watts and Cherry team up for the first time and discover the only moleta in all of Toronto.
- Julia is in the second month of her pregnancy.
- Margaret Brackenreid cheats to get what she wants and the Inspector bribes Crabtree to give her what she wants.
- Crabtree's Aunts reference, specifically Aunt Fern for her apple and beef balls recipe.
- William and Julia experience some friction, uncomfortable tense moments between the first-time expectant parents.
- George comes up with "Tasty Vittles Dinner ...ready to heat, ready to eat", shorten to 'TV Dinner'.
- Story line allusion to the Chicago Tylenol murder case from the 1980s, which was not the company's fault but they came out and apologize before they knew what the cause was.
- The Pythagorean diet, vegetarianism, practiced by Percy and Mary Shelley, along with Leonardo Da Vinci who is quoted: "My body will not be a tomb to other creatures."
- Crabtree states that if he dies he will "...never see Egypt or any of those new provinces we have now." Two new Canadian provinces (Saskatchewan and Alberta) were added in September 1905, making nine in total as of this episode.
- Other episodes with Crabtree in the title are: Crabtree Mania and Kung Fu Crabtree.
- The character Randall Gordon is an allusion to British celebrity chef and restaurateur Gordon Ramsay.
- Actor Matt Baram first appeared as Edward Simms in the episode Houdini Whodunit.
- Actor Daniel Kash was last seen as Arthur Frumm in All Tattered and Torn.
- Actor Scott Edgecombe portrayed Randolph Phillips in Dial M for Murdoch.
Matt Baram as Roderick Rhodes
Daniel Kash as Randall Gordon
Eddie Glen as Mr. Madison
Alicia Dea as Kathleen Cooper
Jill Frappier as Lolo Tucker
Jerome Bourgault as Henri Prideaux
Scott Edgecombe as Dickie Douglas
Nick Bailie as Mr. King
Jeremy Crittenden as Arthur Power
Ian MacIntyre as Dr. Fenton
|Murdoch Mysteries Season 11|
| Up From Ashes • Merlot Mysteries • 8 Footsteps • The Canadian Patient • Dr. Osler Regrets • 21 Murdoch Street • The Accident • Brackenreid Boudoir • The Talking Dead • F.L.A.S.H.! • Biffers and Blockers • Mary Wept • Crabtree à la Carte • The Great White Moose • Murdoch Schmurdoch • Game of Kings • Shadows Are Falling • Free Falling • |
Season 1 • Season 2 • Season 3 • Season 4 • Season 5 • Season 6 • Season 7 • Season 8 • Season 9 • Season 10 • Season 11 • Season 12