| Spoiler warning!|
This article contains plot details or information about an upcoming episode/season which has not been aired world-wide yet. Don't believe everything you read, content is subject to change at any time.
|"Biffers and Blockers"|
|Air date||January 15, 2018|
|Written by||Dan Trotta|
|Directed by||Megan Follows|
|Guest Stars||Paulino Nunes|
Murdoch and Julia attend an amateur cricket match at the Athletic Sports Club that turns into a crime scene when one of the players is blown up when his bat hits the ball, possibly filled with explosives. Murdoch suspects that the intended target may been the Serbian count on the team.
Investigating the case of mistaken idenities and revenge, the Inspector and Detective get a glimpse into Constable Higgins' new posh lifestyle with the Mimico Newsomes.
- Dr. Ogden has an eye for athletes.
- Flirty and more playful with William these days, Julia now has some news for William, she is pregnant.
- Henry plays cricket with the gentlemen players and has named his bat 'Ruth'.
- Ruth has insisted that Henry take on a man-servant, Brewster, as part of his transformation. Henry is living the life he “…should have always lived.”
- The late Roger Newsome has a (twin?) brother, Rupert.
- The experimental hormone therapy (ep.1108) and rigorous husbandry schedule (ep.1110) have worked, William and Julia are going to have a baby; With a kiss, they agree to keep it to themselves for now, just as the Inspector asks if they have something to hide.
- Henry and Ruth's relationship continues...
- George and Nina are still in Paris ...
- Cricket has been the United Kingdom's national summer sport for over 200 years. Sledging is the act of one sports player insulting another during a game, in order to make them angry, weakening or distracting the opponent's concentration. A Ringer, in sports idiom, is an impostor, especially one whose pretense is intended to gain an advantage in a competition
- Serbo-Bulgarian war (Nov. 14, 1885–March 3, 1886), was a military conflict between Serbia and Bulgaria, which demonstrated the instability of the Balkan peace settlement imposed by the Congress of Berlin (Treaty of Berlin, July 1878).
- The Romani people (Gypsies) in Serbia.
- J. Christianson's, the only sporting goods and apparel store in town, is named in honor of the Jordan Christianson, late MM writer and sports enthusiast, whose favorite recurring character was the late Roger Newsome. Murdoch Mysteries and fans lost both Roger and Jordan during Season 10.
- Paulino Nunes, who played Carlo Corsi in Murdoch at the Opera, returns to portray a hotshot cricket player who doesn’t win any friends amongst the players on the pitch.
- A previously dead character re-appears, played by Cyrus Lane.
- Cricket scenes filmed at Shanty Bay (once the summer estate of Titanic survivor Lt. Col. Arthur Peuchen.)
- While MM fans are thrilled that the long awaited pregnancy for Jilliam has finally arrived, some have expressed concerns (and discussed) whether their baby will arrive without issue or complications.
|Murdoch Mysteries Season 11|
| Up From Ashes • Merlot Mysteries • 8 Footsteps • The Canadian Patient • Dr. Osler Regrets • 21 Murdoch Street • The Accident • Brackenreid Boudoir • The Talking Dead • F.L.A.S.H.! • Biffers and Blockers • Mary Wept • Crabtree à la Carte • The Great White Moose • Murdoch Schmurdoch • Game of Kings • Shadows Are Falling • Free Falling • |
Season 1 • Season 2 • Season 3 • Season 4 • Season 5 • Season 6 • Season 7 • Season 8 • Season 9 • Season 10 • Season 11 • Season 12