| Spoiler warning!|
This article contains plot details or information about an upcoming episode/season which has not been aired world-wide yet. Don't believe everything you read, content is subject to change at any time.
|Air date||September 23, 2019|
|Written by||Peter Mitchell|
|Directed by||Harvey Crossland|
When a dockworker is shot, Murdoch pursues an elusive witness and learns anti-union thugs may be involved.
- Special Constable Robert Parker is introduced...
- Julia has bought William a camera and Thomas contrasts with, "The only thing that Margaret buys me is bloody long johns."
- Murdoch has not shared his knowledge of Miss Hart's covert dealings (ep.1218) with the Inspector.
- Dr. Ogden and Dr. Dixon share a heartfelt hug which leads to a near kiss, attempted by Dixon.
- While Dr. Ogden agrees with Murdoch that Miss Hart is not to be trusted, Julia keeps her own counsel regarding Dr. Dixon.
- The theme of prejudice (racism and sexism) returns in this episode.
- At Mercy Hospital, Dr. Ogden is once again in conflict with Dr. Forbes when he upholds her patient's request.
- At the City Morgue, Murdoch continues to be curt and mistrustful of Miss Hart while the Inspector calls her "...our resident ray of sunshine".
- Anticipating his big secret (ep.1209) is about to arrive in town, the Inspector is moody, then he is insulted by members of the port authority and his rough tongue lashes out at Murdoch and Crabtree which ends with "That’s it, Bugalugs!"
- Henry gets drunk lamenting over his failure to give his Ruthie the "creature comforts" to George and adds that Effie "...treats me like a bad smell".
- Trouble at the waterfront harkens back to On the Waterfront Part 1.
- This episode takes place in Toronto 1907 – Edward VII (Albert Edward;1841-1910) is King of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland and of the British Dominions beyond the Seas.
- Pinkerton's National Detective Agency, formed in the 1800s to help law enforcement track down criminals, sparred with the outlaws the likes of Jesse James, and became entangled in the notorious labor disputes of burgeoning industrial America.
- Ensignette camera, manufactured ca 1909 - 1927, designed by the Swedish Engineer Magnus Neill.
- C.S. Shattuck Unique Squeeze-Fire Palm Pistol manufactured between 1907-1917.
- Homestead Strike, also called Homestead riot, was a violent labour dispute between the Carnegie Steel Company and many of its workers that occurred on July 6, 1892 in Homestead, Pennsylvania, remaining a transformational moment in U.S. history and leaving scars that have never fully healed after five generations.
- The foot chase at the opening displays the MM Backlot's expansion during the more recent seasons.
- This episode was filmed on location at the Cotton Factory, a historic industrial complex formerly known as The Imperial Cotton Company Limited in Hamilton, Canada.
- Recasted actors: George Masswohl was first seen in Rich Boy, Poor Boy and Anthony Gerbrandt was first seen in Victoria Cross.
- Murdochians live tweeted during the first airing of this episode that Detective Watts is giving "Where's Waldo" a run for his money as he has yet to appear.
- Inspector to Crabtree: “You should hope your novel is a raging best seller, because you sure as hell won’t be rising through the ranks around here anytime soon."
- Julia to William: "Sometimes one isn't interested in a solution, William; sometimes, support is all that is required!"
Michael Rhoades as Lionel Armstrong
George Masswohl as Cecil Vance
Anthony Gerbrandt as Quinn
Sean James Lee as Seamus
Marie Ward as Lucille Fitzgerald
Timothy Allen as Samuel Fitzgerald
Billy Parrott as Mayor
Steve Rizzo as Man
|Murdoch Mysteries Season 13|
| Troublemakers • Bad Pennies • Forever Young • Prodigal Father • |
Murdoch and the Cursed Caves • The Philately Fatality • Toronto the Bad • The Final Curtain • The Killing Dose •
• Parker in the Rye • Staring Blindly into the Future •
Season 1 • Season 2 • Season 3 • Season 4 • Season 5 • Season 6 • Season 7 • Season 8 • Season 9 • Season 10 • Season 11 • Season 12 • Season 13