|Seen|| Things Left Behind|
The Future is Unwritten
Appearances and Mentions
- Amelia abducts George Crabtree with a gun as he steps out of Union Station, commanding him not to speak. After taking him to her room and tying him to a chair, she introduces herself as a fan and tells him, "I want to talk about Pearl Smythe." Crabtree doesn't know who that is. At least, not until Amelia clarifies. "You call her Rhoda - Aunt Rhododendron." Amelia wants George's help to find her. "Aunt Rhoda" is Amelia's mother.
- When Crabtree states that he can't help her, Amelia presses her hand against his throat, telling him that he has to or else he won't leave the room alive. Crabtree says he'll tell her everything he knows, but that's all he can promise. Amelia apologizes for choking him - sometimes she can get a little... unhinged.
- Crabtree asks for some water as a cover to try and untie himself, but Amelia catches him. She bashes him over the side of his head with an iron before breaking his ankle with the same weapon.
- Later, she's seen bandaging his ankle and apologizing once again. "I had no choice," she claims. "You understand that, don't you?" Crabtree nods and begins to tell her about his Aunt Rhoda. "She really was a wonderful woman," he finishes. Amelia seems entranced by the story. "Tell me more?" she asks.
- Crabtree claims that the last time he saw Aunt Rhoda was during autumn. She'd gotten a job as a seamstress in Halifax. This both angers and confuses Amelia. That's where her mother had abandoned her. She begins to cry but Crabtree tells her that he lied. "Why?" Amelia asks. "Because I can't help you find your mother," he says. "She's dead." Amelia looks down at him with tears in her eyes.
- Amelia's affection towards Crabtree may be more than just that of a fan...